classifier Tone: Mb.
- ɕi˧ ɖɯ˧-ɭɯ˧ |
- a grain of rice
- eight grains
- ɖɯ˧-ɭɯ˧ hwæ˧-mɤ˧-ɖo˧! | le˧-qʰwæ˧-kv˥!
- Don't buy just one / Don't buy a single one: it would break! (Explanation: objects must be bought by pairs: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10..., not by sets of odd numbers (1, 3, 5, 7, 9...), otherwise it bears ill luck and the objects get broken or lost)
- ʈʂʰɯ˧ | zo˧hṽ˥ | dʑɤ˩-ɭɯ˥ dʑo˩!
- She has a really pretty child! (Context: the main consultant had a polite conversation with a neighbour who had a lovely grandson; later on, she told me: "She has a really pretty child!")
classifier Tone: MHa.
- ʈʰæ˧qʰwɤ˧ ɖɯ˧-ɭɯ˧˥
- a skirt
- bɑ˩lɑ˩˥ | ɖɯ˧-ɭɯ˧˥ |
- a piece of clothing; a shirt
- This classifier cannot combine with /dʑi˧hṽ˥$/, which takes /ɖɯ˧-dzi˩/ as its classifier.